First of all let me get something straight. This is a JOURNAL not a diary. I know what the name of this blog is but when Mom made me this thing I SPECIFICALLY told her to pick a title without the word “diary” in it. Great. Now all I need is for some kid to catch me looking at this website and get the wrong idea.


Monday, April 1, 2013

Season 4 Kickoff: Santa Cruz

Hard to believe it's been four years doing this. I plan to let you know a big secret after spring break. It's plans for something I hope to do when I get older.

Anyways, after 2 months of waiting for it to happen, the 2013 season has begun for my local theme parks. The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk was the park we went to today. This year, the Hurricane, which I really miss, is being replaced by Undertow, which will be northern california's only spinning roller coaster (Pandemonium at Discovery Kingdom was replaced by Superman last year). It'll be Santa Cruz's first major addition since the new Haunted Castle in 2010 (which I rode today, by the way).

The lines were very manageable for the most part. Here are some photos.

 The Giant Dipper, one of my favorite roller coasters!
 I like the Pirate Ship as well.
 This is me and mom on the Sky Glider.
 The Carousel spins to fast for me to snatch those rings! (It has one of the last ring machines on any carousel in the country!)
The Double Shot is a tower ride that's the perfect height for me (when it comes to drop towers, anyway)!
 I rode the Speed Bumps for the first time in a while. (I also rode their other bumper cars, Space Race, for the first time!)
 The scoreboard on our Ghost Blasters car had an error; this is a LOT more than we scored.
I adore the Cave Train, it's cheesy (opened in 1961) but fun.

That's all for now folks. Check back for photos from the Walt Disney Family Museum and the reveal of my secret plans! Until then, BEN OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment